I suggest you ...

Offer localized versions

improve usability and then offer localized versions. Average, non-IT minded parents in non-English speaking countries will not be able to cope with the english version

220 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Isabel Vogel Isabel Vogel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: JE VEUX K9 MULTI-LANGUE  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please offer K9 BlueCoat in Spanish  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Offer Portuguese Translated Site. Brazilian People deserve also been protected.  ·   · 
    MaximilianoMaximiliano shared a merged idea: other languages be implemented  ·   · 
    AdrianaAdriana shared a merged idea: Offer a spanish version of the K9 Web Protection Flyer. Really wish there was one on here.  ·   · 
    Markus RogenMarkus Rogen shared a merged idea: More German words to block  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create a spanish version of Blue coat K9 (version en español)  ·   · 
    moshemoshe shared a merged idea: Hebrew language software interface  ·   · 
    ChrysChrys shared a merged idea: Is possible to add to custom keywords any other language than English? as Greek?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: por favor una traduccion a español  ·   · 
    Pedro RodriguezPedro Rodriguez shared a merged idea: A Spanish version of K9  ·   · 
    miromiro shared a merged idea: K9 web Protektion in polish language version  ·   · 
    VadimVadim shared a merged idea: добавить Русский язык, и сделать прокси, чтобы не устанавливать на все ученические компьютеры  ·   · 
    SyllasSyllas shared a merged idea: Do you intend to offer language selection?  ·   · 
    choppermiochoppermio shared a merged idea: I suggest that k9 translate the programe to anothor languages  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Hello! Thanks for the program! Make please Russian translation of the program with possibility of a choice of language at program installati  ·   · 
    Raimundo BaravaglioRaimundo Baravaglio shared a merged idea: Good morning. I am Argentine. I've only seen two things that the program could be improved. I have not seen any safety program more reliable  ·   · 
    jose luis costajose luis costa shared a merged idea: create spanish version please  ·   · 
    felixfelix shared a merged idea: Make It in Spanish Language ! there´s a huge market for It ! and I´ll need It in Spanish ! Do you have It ?  ·   · 
    Mircea POPMircea POP shared a merged idea: Plese indicate method for Program InterfaceTranslation  ·   · 
    kurackurac shared a merged idea: support other languages  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Translate k9 into spanish  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: hi, i suggest translating this fantastic program to other languages as well as supporting thier URL keywords. i can help in arabic.  ·   · 
    PresidentPresident shared a merged idea: ... to translate K9 Web Protection in more languages (German!)  ·   · 
    BBQBBQ shared a merged idea: more languages - include pt-br  ·   · 
    JORGEJORGE shared a merged idea: traduccion al Español  ·   · 
    marcomarco shared a merged idea: supporto multilanguage  ·   · 
    Frank KirschnerFrank Kirschner shared a merged idea: Would you be interested to make your software available in German?  ·   · 
    oliveroliver shared a merged idea: Start K9 Web protection in Sweden!  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Translate K9 into French  ·   · 

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please translate your software into Spanish. (I can supply the words for free if you need it). Our public school serves a mostly Spanish-speaking population. We assist our families to install the software on their home computers so their kids are protected and their computers don't catch viruses. But the families can't read English, so we have to assist them to install and configure it. It would be easy for you to offer a Spanish-language version. I can provide the words translated into Spanish for free if you need it. Contact Sue Kayton kayton@alum.mit.edu

• anonymous2anonymous2 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

vote for this feature
        at least the search results should show localized results
        if I am from germany, then I would like to find the german wikipedia (for example)

Today many sites appear in all major languages, many countries people know English well but as a Brazilian i can testify that must Brazilians dont manage well english and many of them are quite religious. Please consider some translation.

• Markus RogenMarkus Rogen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are many more German words which should be denied by Safe Search. In case you are interested, I could make up some lists for you.
        M. Rogen

• MassimilianoMassimiliano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To vote for this feature is very very difficult and strange:-)
        In fact, to vote for using other languages than English you must understand English; you should translate this feature (Offer localized versions) in many languages otherwise the people that don't speak english cannot understand ! ;-))
        So, I vote for this feature. No child could accept a modifications into the smartphone if these modification make internet "off" (not many child speak english as well to use only english web pages)

P.S.
        K9 is the best program I never saw !!! I use this program for PC from many years and I suggest this program to all my friends that have children !!! You're simply great ! THANKS !

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can offer French and Arabic translation. Contact info : i.lemhadri at [Google email address]]

I recommended this software to add words in any language (specially Arabic ) to the filter :)

• RainerRainer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm happy with the language but I wan localised (UK) results, not American results.

• David TarnokDavid Tarnok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I recommended this software to many families that I know and I am using it, too. The problem for most of them is that the only language they speak is Hungarian. I am ready to translate the application to Hungarian.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base