I suggest you ...

Add Support for Multiple User Profiles

Currently, K9 Web Protection will apply the same filtering policy for all user profiles configured on your computer. This feature is to add different filtering rules for each user.

2,735 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron CrookstonAaron Crookston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Install a way to "turn off" K9 when the administrator is using the computer.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Block specific sites for specific users  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Can I apply K9 Protection only for one Use account keeping my administrator account unprotected  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: usuarios  ·   · 
    Sreejeet BhartiSreejeet Bharti shared a merged idea: K9 on windows rds session  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: K9 should offer different levels of protection for each user on the same computer.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: my child has her own login, how do i unblock everything on my login  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create the ability to specify different settings for different Windows users on same computer  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow K9 on selected accounts on my Computer  ·   · 
    Cookie Cookie shared a merged idea: to add features that block only specific user account (but not all) on Windows 7/prolong 'Supervisor mode' period  ·   · 
    JonathancomJ CrumpJonathancomJ Crump shared a merged idea: Make computer users login to access the Internet. This could be an option for multiple member households with different settings.  ·   · 
    Osamah M. Hama HusenOsamah M. Hama Husen shared a merged idea: Build time restriction feature to limit non-administrator users on the same computer  ·   · 
    dawn tomandawn toman shared a merged idea: create individual user accounts for each child  ·   · 
    AngelaAngela shared a merged idea: Add different blocking rules for different user profiles on a computer.  ·   · 
    Tim KuchTim Kuch shared a merged idea: K9 for different accounts on a computer and other blocking options.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Different rules for different users  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: different filter policies for different user profiles  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: be able to configure k9 for separate user profiles  ·   · 
    Jayden PaulJayden Paul shared a merged idea: Add proxy feature  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have different internet settings for different profiles.  ·   · 
    glennglenn shared a merged idea: enable site specific user blocking. thanks for your work.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have a per profile configuration where the administrator for the pc has different filter options than the non-administrators.  ·   · 
    Michael heffernanMichael heffernan shared a merged idea: I have 6 users on one computer and would like each account to have a different level of security. Is this a feature that can be done?  ·   · 
    cececece shared a merged idea: LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!! but i wish i could set it for just the childrens account and not mine  ·   · 
    gabrielgabriel shared a merged idea: be able to assign K9 to a user profile? some users at home have the option to look at sites that the younger ones cannot.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add fracture to allow user config and also YouTube access setting.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: We need a way to filter separate accounts on a computer. Shutting off filtering for admin.  ·   · 
    bernardbernard shared a merged idea: Do you have a way where I can set levels by user? Example: administrator gets moderate filtering regular and or guest user would have strict  ·   · 
    joeljoel shared a merged idea: to be able to have a different level of web protection for different user accounts  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Where in K9 can I allow certain users and prevent others from visiting certain websites?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: No. 1: How do I tell my computer that only kids aren't allow to visit certain pages? There are two adults that don't need protection.  ·   · 
    Chris BeckerChris Becker shared a merged idea: Multiple passwords based upon the catagorie of the website.  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: ability to select which accounts to protect and which not  ·   · 
    Beverley DanielsBeverley Daniels shared a merged idea: Allow different restriction levels to be applied to different users  ·   · 
    RandyRandy shared a merged idea: for K9 to block other users profile on my computer however not administrater profile  ·   · 
    MickeMicke shared a merged idea: settings for different user accounts  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Per User account  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Multiple User Profiles  ·   · 
    BKBK shared a merged idea: We have two kids of different ages (and so different interests). All of us use the same computer. Ca  ·   · 
    ashleyashley shared a merged idea: User Specific  ·   · 
    FelixFelix shared a merged idea: Allow to have different permission for different users in the same PC  ·   · 
    Teoman EfendiTeoman Efendi shared a merged idea: Account based filtering  ·   · 
    shahershaher shared a merged idea: k9 it is a perfect programm to protect my kids.no but i want to set this programm only in his user.  ·   · 

188 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WendyWendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot use K9 without this feature as we have multiple users and needs on our pcs. For example, adults and children, homeschool vs free time etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's long over due!! I may have to uninstall because the lacking of per-user account control.

I want it to filter the kids' user account - not my admin account. Please add this feature guys.

• GuillermoGuillermo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree; I had to uninstal the app because I just want to filter my kids accounts, NOT mine.

• JoanneJoanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please hurry and make this feature! It is a dealbreaker in whether to download and use K9 or not.

The admin must keep typing in password to override sites, URL's etc. The admin must keep typing in password to override. It would be much easier if K9 did NOT take over ALL the different profiles on a computer. Would be helpful to be able to block the children, but allow the admin or other profiles on the computer unfiltered access. K9 takes over the entire computer - all the users. When an adult or admin is using the computer, they need a way to stop interference from K9, without having to type admin password again and again.

• carolcarol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need it NOT to block the ADMIN account.
        I'm going to have to uninstall.

I need it to block just certain users (teenagers) on this computer.

Is it possible on K9 to block specific sites for specific users? I would like to block certain sites for my kids while making them accessible to the other users like youtube.

• M@M@ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Custom protect config on a per-user basis (Windows 10) would be wonderful! Also logging history on a per-user basis would be great...or at least tag each log hit with the userID.

This would be necessary for me to continue to use the product on some computers at my office, so I hope this bubbles up to the top soon! Thanks!

I just installed K9, and seeing now that I cannot restrict filtering to certain user accounts only, I am uninstalling it.

• SethSeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the only one saying that this is a GOOD thing. It is a life saver for me! The fact that the same filtering profile is the same for all users is wonderful. It prevents a bypass. Currently if one is using a different web filter and is trying to be honorable with his/her eyes on the internet and they are the windows admin, it can easily be bypassed simply by creating another user account. I hope K9 keeps this feature. Please keep it K9 or if a release is made available, leave the option for either master control or user account config. Thanks!

• MurdockMurdock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Putting in my vote for this feature as well, won't use the software without it, one computer for 4 people. Doesn't make sense to filter them all the same.

Can I apply K9 Protection only for one Use account keeping my administrator account unprotected

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base