I suggest you ...

Allow clearing browsing history / cache in K9 Android browser without password

I do not see why we need to enter a password to clear browsing history / cache in K9 Android browser. We can delete browsing history in any web browser in PC without entering a password with K9 installed. Entering a password to do this is unnecessarily restrictive. Even with filtering on, I may still want to delete some information / images of the web pages I come across. I may want to delete them without inconvenience of entering a password.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Melody123Melody123 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Melody123Melody123 shared a merged idea: Allow clearing browsing history / cache in K9 Android browser without password  ·   · 
    declined  ·  ToonetownAdminToonetown (Admin, K9 Web Protection) responded  · 

The browser history on android requires a password to clear because it performs the same function (reporting) that logging in k9 on the desktop performs. You cannot clear your k9 logs on the desktop without a password either.

This is by design, and it gives parents the ability to view how the device has been used.

Once a central reporting solution is in place (see http://k9webprotection.uservoice.com/forums/84793-general/suggestions/1206565-remote-central-administration) we can consider the ability to clear browser history without a password – because the list of sites that were visited will be stored and password protected elsewhere.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • logical logical commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear ADMIN

I use k9 on android and I'm an adult, I don't have children using my phone for web access, I use k9 for self integrity (I know half of the k9 password and my wife knows the other half of the password so I can never accesses admin settings without her by my side), but sometimes I need to clear the web history for other reasons (for reloading pages with new info without the old cashe), I think it would be wise to at least have an option in the settings to allow clearing without password, since for me no unwanted site can be accessed anyway what benefit is there for not allowing to clear browsing history.

thanks,

Feedback and Knowledge Base