Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jim CoonsJim Coons shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    ODISEOODISEO shared a merged idea: K9 for Windows 8?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: update k9 to work with windows 8  ·   · 
    JoeJoe shared a merged idea: Offer a new filter for Windows 8 desktops, the metro apps bypass k9 completely!  ·   · 
    Chris SandbergChris Sandberg shared a merged idea: Windows 8 Support  ·   · 
    TomTom shared a merged idea: Support Windows 8  ·   · 
    Caleb SchauerCaleb Schauer shared a merged idea: Create a version for windows 8  ·   · 
    DennisDennis shared a merged idea: The issue with Windows 8 should be a high priority  ·   · 
    adamadam shared a merged idea: filter windows 8 explorer app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I just upgraded to windows 8 and would like to be able to install K9  ·   · 
    lisalisa shared a merged idea: Create a version for windows 8  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Any update on windows 8 protection?  ·   · 
    Matthew AlinMatthew Alin shared a merged idea: Windows 8 support, blocking all internet traffic including on IE10, and speed improvements.  ·   · 
    Todd BennionTodd Bennion shared a merged idea: Create a version of K9 that works with Windows 8 - blocking both apps and applications. It currently doesn't block apps.  ·   · 
    AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: I am needing k9 to work with Windows 8 Internet Explorer 10  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Support Windows 8 CP  ·   · 

51 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sarah MillingtonSarah Millington commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

k9 is not blocking anything for me on windows 8. I have clicked on the above link, rebooted, tried to specifically disallow youtube, but I can still get on there and see anything. It does not seem to work at all even though it is installed and letting me change settings.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doesn't even work on Windows 8 32 bit , instead it stopped my windows working, I was unable to boot after a reboot from installing K9

• George DeanGeorge Dean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

K9 protection is great on my XP platform. It does not work at all on Win 8 or 8.1. I have installed and reinstalled to no avail!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after installing K9 for windows 7 my windows update stopped working, anything I need to do to make Windows update working again?

• MaxMax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm using windows 8.1 64bit. Unfortunately K9 doesn't block any sites. I use Mozilla Firefox :-(

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will install on windows 8 but will not work on windows 8.

• JoeJoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't seem to work o the Amazon app.

I caught my nephew searching things that are normally blocked on the browser, but for some reason the Amazon app is exempt. Any ideas?

• owenowen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does not work at all on one of my windows 8 64 bit pcs... works well on another, any ideas?

• Chaim GottesfeldChaim Gottesfeld commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tested the lates Beta version, and although Win8 is supported, it seems there's a hole regarding Metro apps. For example if youtube.com is place on the blacklist - it will prevent anyone from accessing youtube via a webbrowser, however my simply d/l ing a free metro app (e.g. MegaTube) the user has free access to view what they want on youtube.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

{Translator google]
        Windows 8 on this program K9 web protection works correctly, but still there is still a problem - web browser (Mozilla Firefox) to fires automatically when the connection to the Internet and on a piece of browser page will www.bing.com.

Please solve this problem in this program in beta.

Thank you for your attention.

• Neil TuchmanNeil Tuchman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you SO much for this update. My family and I have been THRILLED with your K9 product since we were first introduced to it many years ago. We appreciate your taking the time to adapt it to the new format of Windows 8 AND for contacting all those who reached out to you when it was ready. You guys are a first-class company that set the standard for professionalism! Keep up the great work.

• JacoJaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From Holland the same question: please do it in windows 8. Many thanks!

• PacoPaco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks a lot for your program.
        Its the best.
        Does it work on Windows 8?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base