I suggest you ...

Create a version of K9 for Windows Phone

A version should be created for all smartphones and internet enabled devices. A quick app could be created in each instance to enable complete safety to all users everywhere. I am sure you could strike a deal with Microsoft / Apple to be included with there o/s on all new computers as well to make all devised more secure.

1,284 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    aralstructurearalstructure shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    PaulPaul shared a merged idea: tackle the development of a Windows Phone app  ·   · 
    Giorgis!!!Giorgis!!! shared a merged idea: K9 web protection for WP 8.1  ·   · 
    harshvardhansinh jadejaharshvardhansinh jadeja shared a merged idea: please make available for Windows phones  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create an application for windows phone  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: can you make this protection app available for windows phone?  ·   · 
    Michael HutchinsonMichael Hutchinson shared a merged idea: Could K9 be on windows phone - as it is on android and ios, but not windows. Please consider this.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Make K9 available for Windows Phone 8.1  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why don't you have this available for Smartphones with Windows 8? Why isn't it a priority as your apps for android etc. mobile devices?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make k9 web protection for Windows phone 8 and Android.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get an ap for windows phone!  ·   · 
    ALAL shared a merged idea: Version for Windows Phone  ·   · 
    Amit KumarAmit Kumar shared a merged idea: PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE provide k9 app for windows phone like ...lumia 520  ·   · 
    MaxMax shared a merged idea: K9 for Windows Phone 7.8 and 8  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i suggest you to create a version of k9 which will be supported on windows phone... please prioritise my suggestion  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make an official K9 Web Preotection for Windows Phone 7.8  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: create a program for the new windows smart phone  ·   · 
    FlavioFlavio shared a merged idea: I would love to have k9Web Protection for Windows phone  ·   · 
    meirmeir shared a merged idea: make the k9 filter available for Nokia also. I have a Nokia Lumia 800 and would like to use K9.  ·   · 
    NeilNeil shared a merged idea: Forget winphone 7, make a version for winphone 8  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: we need k9 for windows phone asap please  ·   · 
    NicholasNicholas shared a merged idea: We want K9 for Windows mobile!  ·   · 
    jayjay shared a merged idea: making k9 filter available on other mobile devices like windows mobile ....  ·   · 

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavisDavis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello @Toonetown!

As I saw, the post was published on January/March 2011. Now we are in 2015. I'm still asking if there are some chances of bringing K9 on Windows Phone, because the number of devices is increasing super fast. Right know, I'm stucked on Android phone to use it (for my kid) instead of using WP (which is necessary due to WP development which my kid does..).

Thanks

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In 2011 it was proposed that the app be implemented on Windows Phone, but the priority at the time was Android development. The Android app has been a complete success ever since. Apple devices have already been addressed (also outstanding). In 2012 a solution was developed for Amazon Kindle devices.

It seems that the time is mature for implementing the app for Windows Phone, which is a very popular mobile device that is in desperate need of K9.

...please? :)

• Giorgis!!!Giorgis!!! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, making a WP8.1 k9 version, also charging it, let us say, 10$ or even 3$ as a worst-case charging policy, would not be so bad. I think that WP8.1 users are ready to pay!!!!

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows phone is the fastest growing smart phone market and in my opinion the smartest phone. I reccomend developing the windows phone app

• Aniket JunnareAniket Junnare commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to request you that please please please bring K9 web protector for windows phone... Thanking you..

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

K9 for Windows phone is desperately needed. There is nothing out there that can't be bypassed

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base