I suggest you ...

Study/nuclear mode

Add a study/nuclear mode where all internet access can be denied temporarily (ie 3 hours)

277 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JamesJames shared a merged idea: I was wondering if you could implement a self-time-out function (like the self-moderator add-to-blacklist).  ·   · 
    JonathancomJ CrumpJonathancomJ Crump shared a merged idea: Create a master Internet switch which allows you to cut off Internet access immediately without changing filtering settings.  ·   · 
    zevzev shared a merged idea: stopping internet access completley  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Steal ideas  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure what the intent is, but if you really want to disable Internet access, just unplug the router.

• KevnKevn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already an application that can do this. It's available for Windows and Mac.
        It's called Freedom. It costs $10 and it was designed by an independent developer.
        http://macfreedom.com/

• JosiahJosiah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides the fact that the internet is a major source in studying. I could see it in quite a few situations though.

• iyiy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is easy to do so now also...

You just have to choose "the block after certain times that a internet page or category is tried to be opened" (or how is that called).
        -and after you opet that page 10 times the internet will be blocked for couple of hours.

• goosegoose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

obviously, this should require a high level password, like admin password, to enable. Otherwise, you could have a denial of service situation. Also, consider whether this internet block should apply to all Windows user accounts, or just one. Also, someone should describe how this block could be overridden (maybe a user with a different admin-level password could disable it, but not the admin password that originally enabled it...)

Feedback and Knowledge Base