I suggest you ...

Improved Reporting

Cleaner, more user-friendly, with the option to export to CSV or Excel and time ranges.

203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LuisLuis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make it easier to understand activity summary and activity detail.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow a feature to disable the activity logs  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: disable view internet activity collection  ·   · 
    Jiss Tom PalelilJiss Tom Palelil shared a merged idea: User-Specific Internet activity Report- With the help of pie charts and diagrams.  ·   · 
    DavidDavid shared a merged idea: View Internet Activity and Emailed Reports Features  ·   · 
    SonyaSonya shared a merged idea: I would like to be able to download to activity detail to an excel file. Also I would like to be able to search between dates  ·   · 
    MOMMOM shared a merged idea: I would really like to see the internet activity simplified  ·   · 
    JohnJohn shared a merged idea: Add ability to filter Activity Detail...show only blocked links  ·   · 
    Devon HarbaughDevon Harbaugh shared a merged idea: Report the process attempting to access a restricted website.  ·   · 
    LuluLulu shared a merged idea: Improved activity reporting - add a search feature & cleaner layout  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: add a feature in which you can tell if a "blocked" item was actually searched for by the user or if it was a popup from a different site.  ·   · 
    geekergeeker shared a merged idea: Ability to view blocked sites without a password  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Simplify the "Activity Report".  ·   · 
    armywife3205armywife3205 shared a merged idea: being able to view activity during a certain time periods  ·   · 
    rysiulgrysiulg shared a merged idea: logs should be exported , viewing logs should be more clear. Site is to narrow for latest monitors  ·   · 
    charity bettscharity betts shared a merged idea: distinguish between sites entered by user and background info being submitted by site  ·   · 
    RFRF shared a merged idea: Ability to choose a time period for reports  ·   · 

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ScottScott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Kevin (Dec. 14, 2012 comment). When visiting an innocuous page such as usatoday or foxnews, that single visit logs every banner and every linked news article, advertisement, etc. So one visits the news and the page prepares to load anything linked to the page. K9 reports every link even when not visited.

• kevinkevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i agree. I wanted to monitor internet usage. Unfortunately, K9 is logging every banner ad, hyperlink on a page. It makes it difficult to see what websites are actually visited.

• geekergeeker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No I wanted to be able to see that without logging in . (I don't keep the password to my installation of k9)

• RSSRSS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What does it mean when in the report a site is listed in red? Does that me we visited it but were denied?

• simisimi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use K9 primarily for the reports but I don't understand how to see the sites that were visited based on the jumble of letters that are not links. Here's an example: www.google.com/xjs/_/js/s/s,st,anim,bbd,c,sb,hv,wta,cr,cdos,sk,pj,tbpr,tbui,spp,rsn,ob,mb,lc,dict,du,ada,hss,bihu,lu,m,shb,tng,j,ig,pcc,csitl/rt=j/ver=-YTNZiyNl2s.en_US./d=1/rs=AItRSTPOna8b5LEz0mR0dniAQkRUD0QhZA

Is it perhaps only my computer or is there a way to view what was viewed by my child at all?
        Having it clear and concise would be a cherry on top.

K9 is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

• Adam HaniAdam Hani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will be very useful feature
        If you could clearly see (by date or month) a FULL list of sites visited (just like a normal web history which cannot be erased).

If this can also be emailed to the administrator of the k9 account, make it much easier.

Right now, the report is too difficult to read so I never check the report. Take too long.

• charity bettscharity betts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it is difficult to search only by topic when concerned with current use by a child, so much easier if there is an option allowing "view internet activity by timeline" not just by topic

• JeremyJeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, those viewing screens to see the logs are very small. They don't stretch when I maximize my browser but just stay tiny. I would like them to fill the whole page and add simple dropdown controls above the main table to filter the view on different criteria. It doesn't have to show the entire URL for each row either; it could just show the domain name to save space, until the user hover's their mouse over it to see the full URL.

• LuisLuis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part of the value-add of Internet Security is blocking / filtering internet activity. The other is managing your filters and traffic with good reports. Unfortunately the reports are not exportable and the viewing screens are crammed and not friendly. Allow export to csv for further review on all "clickable" stats on K9.

Feedback and Knowledge Base