I suggest you ...

Add Support for Multiple User Profiles

Currently, K9 Web Protection will apply the same filtering policy for all user profiles configured on your computer. This feature is to add different filtering rules for each user.

2,493 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron CrookstonAaron Crookston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: usuarios  ·   · 
    Sreejeet BhartiSreejeet Bharti shared a merged idea: K9 on windows rds session  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: K9 should offer different levels of protection for each user on the same computer.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: my child has her own login, how do i unblock everything on my login  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create the ability to specify different settings for different Windows users on same computer  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow K9 on selected accounts on my Computer  ·   · 
    Cookie Cookie shared a merged idea: to add features that block only specific user account (but not all) on Windows 7/prolong 'Supervisor mode' period  ·   · 
    JonathancomJ CrumpJonathancomJ Crump shared a merged idea: Make computer users login to access the Internet. This could be an option for multiple member households with different settings.  ·   · 
    Osamah M. Hama HusenOsamah M. Hama Husen shared a merged idea: Build time restriction feature to limit non-administrator users on the same computer  ·   · 
    dawn tomandawn toman shared a merged idea: create individual user accounts for each child  ·   · 
    AngelaAngela shared a merged idea: Add different blocking rules for different user profiles on a computer.  ·   · 
    Tim KuchTim Kuch shared a merged idea: K9 for different accounts on a computer and other blocking options.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Different rules for different users  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: different filter policies for different user profiles  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: be able to configure k9 for separate user profiles  ·   · 
    Jayden PaulJayden Paul shared a merged idea: Add proxy feature  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have different internet settings for different profiles.  ·   · 
    glennglenn shared a merged idea: enable site specific user blocking. thanks for your work.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have a per profile configuration where the administrator for the pc has different filter options than the non-administrators.  ·   · 
    Michael heffernanMichael heffernan shared a merged idea: I have 6 users on one computer and would like each account to have a different level of security. Is this a feature that can be done?  ·   · 
    cececece shared a merged idea: LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!! but i wish i could set it for just the childrens account and not mine  ·   · 
    gabrielgabriel shared a merged idea: be able to assign K9 to a user profile? some users at home have the option to look at sites that the younger ones cannot.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add fracture to allow user config and also YouTube access setting.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: We need a way to filter separate accounts on a computer. Shutting off filtering for admin.  ·   · 
    bernardbernard shared a merged idea: Do you have a way where I can set levels by user? Example: administrator gets moderate filtering regular and or guest user would have strict  ·   · 
    joeljoel shared a merged idea: to be able to have a different level of web protection for different user accounts  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Where in K9 can I allow certain users and prevent others from visiting certain websites?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: No. 1: How do I tell my computer that only kids aren't allow to visit certain pages? There are two adults that don't need protection.  ·   · 
    Chris BeckerChris Becker shared a merged idea: Multiple passwords based upon the catagorie of the website.  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: ability to select which accounts to protect and which not  ·   · 
    Beverley DanielsBeverley Daniels shared a merged idea: Allow different restriction levels to be applied to different users  ·   · 
    RandyRandy shared a merged idea: for K9 to block other users profile on my computer however not administrater profile  ·   · 
    MickeMicke shared a merged idea: settings for different user accounts  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Per User account  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Multiple User Profiles  ·   · 
    BKBK shared a merged idea: We have two kids of different ages (and so different interests). All of us use the same computer. Ca  ·   · 
    ashleyashley shared a merged idea: User Specific  ·   · 
    FelixFelix shared a merged idea: Allow to have different permission for different users in the same PC  ·   · 
    Teoman EfendiTeoman Efendi shared a merged idea: Account based filtering  ·   · 
    shahershaher shared a merged idea: k9 it is a perfect programm to protect my kids.no but i want to set this programm only in his user.  ·   · 

155 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JackJack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add different filtering policy for each user profile configured on same computer, especially for parents and kids sharing the same computer.

• RayRay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely essential. Please respond to your users sooner rather than later, it's not really believable it should take 4 years to "investigate" this feature.

• Patrick HansenPatrick Hansen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

User profiles are essential, not only for kids, but to distinguish between me and my wife. I would love to restrict myself on time of day, sites, etc...but can't because my wife has to enter a password for every site or time of day that's not allowed in the settings. In the end she just turns the restrictions off due to inconvenience, and this is no help to me. I would be very grateful if you were to provide separate users, and settings for each user.

Thanks so much!

• NicholasNicholas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy. Multi-user support is a must when you have adults and children sharing the same computer!

• Saurav GoswamiSaurav Goswami commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Per user settings is the most powerful feature which is missing and the such gap prevents me to use K9 in my Computer School.
        I love K9.

• BryanBryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I even tried setting up logon and logoff scripts in users local group policy that would start or stop the K9 service depending on whether I wanted the filtering to apply to that user or not. That doesn't work though because killing the service blocks everything :-(

• Rick RileyRick Riley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thought this software was great until I logged onto my own profile and found that I can't use the internet for anything.

Going to have to uninstall and find something that will apply settings to my kids profiles only.

Sorry guys.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't use this if I can't tailor it to different users which is really disappointing because it came highly recommended.

• EllenEllen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see this feature. I would love to block social networking on my daughter's profile.

Just downloaded this product and the first thing I wanted to do was set up different user accounts. I can't do that???? Bummer...I would definitely pay for a product that has that!!! Not sure if I'll continue to use this now or not. :o(

• AndyAndy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any ideas on a time frame with this feature - I notice it's been listed for 5 years ?

• YZYZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So current release doesn't have feature of filtering based on different users on same computer, correct?

Mmmm... under review since June 2011 ??? You're kidding ! Do you really believe I have one dedicated PC per child in my house ?
        I'll stick with Norton family until this feature is implemented.

Seems like an obvious one, no? For a free product, software is awesome, but was surprised this feature was not already incorporated

• MommygirlMommygirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed and ran under my own windows user login, and it filtered beautifully. However, when I went to the 'visitor' user my kids use, NO FILTERING!! Was I supposed to initially set it up on their user login?

Any word on this? Not having this feature is making it really hard to keep using K-9

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Feedback and Knowledge Base