I suggest you ...

Add Support for Multiple User Profiles

Currently, K9 Web Protection will apply the same filtering policy for all user profiles configured on your computer. This feature is to add different filtering rules for each user.

2,292 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron CrookstonAaron Crookston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: K9 should offer different levels of protection for each user on the same computer.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: my child has her own login, how do i unblock everything on my login  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Create the ability to specify different settings for different Windows users on same computer  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Allow K9 on selected accounts on my Computer  ·   · 
    Cookie Cookie shared a merged idea: to add features that block only specific user account (but not all) on Windows 7/prolong 'Supervisor mode' period  ·   · 
    JonathancomJ CrumpJonathancomJ Crump shared a merged idea: Make computer users login to access the Internet. This could be an option for multiple member households with different settings.  ·   · 
    Osamah M. Hama HusenOsamah M. Hama Husen shared a merged idea: Build time restriction feature to limit non-administrator users on the same computer  ·   · 
    dawn tomandawn toman shared a merged idea: create individual user accounts for each child  ·   · 
    AngelaAngela shared a merged idea: Add different blocking rules for different user profiles on a computer.  ·   · 
    Tim KuchTim Kuch shared a merged idea: K9 for different accounts on a computer and other blocking options.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Different rules for different users  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: different filter policies for different user profiles  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: be able to configure k9 for separate user profiles  ·   · 
    Jayden PaulJayden Paul shared a merged idea: Add proxy feature  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have different internet settings for different profiles.  ·   · 
    glennglenn shared a merged idea: enable site specific user blocking. thanks for your work.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: have a per profile configuration where the administrator for the pc has different filter options than the non-administrators.  ·   · 
    Michael heffernanMichael heffernan shared a merged idea: I have 6 users on one computer and would like each account to have a different level of security. Is this a feature that can be done?  ·   · 
    cececece shared a merged idea: LOVE THIS SOFTWARE!!!! but i wish i could set it for just the childrens account and not mine  ·   · 
    gabrielgabriel shared a merged idea: be able to assign K9 to a user profile? some users at home have the option to look at sites that the younger ones cannot.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Add fracture to allow user config and also YouTube access setting.  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: We need a way to filter separate accounts on a computer. Shutting off filtering for admin.  ·   · 
    bernardbernard shared a merged idea: Do you have a way where I can set levels by user? Example: administrator gets moderate filtering regular and or guest user would have strict  ·   · 
    joeljoel shared a merged idea: to be able to have a different level of web protection for different user accounts  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Where in K9 can I allow certain users and prevent others from visiting certain websites?  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: No. 1: How do I tell my computer that only kids aren't allow to visit certain pages? There are two adults that don't need protection.  ·   · 
    Chris BeckerChris Becker shared a merged idea: Multiple passwords based upon the catagorie of the website.  ·   · 
    AlexAlex shared a merged idea: ability to select which accounts to protect and which not  ·   · 
    Beverley DanielsBeverley Daniels shared a merged idea: Allow different restriction levels to be applied to different users  ·   · 
    RandyRandy shared a merged idea: for K9 to block other users profile on my computer however not administrater profile  ·   · 
    MickeMicke shared a merged idea: settings for different user accounts  ·   · 
    MikeMike shared a merged idea: Per User account  ·   · 
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: Multiple User Profiles  ·   · 
    BKBK shared a merged idea: We have two kids of different ages (and so different interests). All of us use the same computer. Ca  ·   · 
    ashleyashley shared a merged idea: User Specific  ·   · 
    FelixFelix shared a merged idea: Allow to have different permission for different users in the same PC  ·   · 
    Teoman EfendiTeoman Efendi shared a merged idea: Account based filtering  ·   · 
    shahershaher shared a merged idea: k9 it is a perfect programm to protect my kids.no but i want to set this programm only in his user.  ·   · 

139 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like an obvious one, no? For a free product, software is awesome, but was surprised this feature was not already incorporated

• MommygirlMommygirl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I installed and ran under my own windows user login, and it filtered beautifully. However, when I went to the 'visitor' user my kids use, NO FILTERING!! Was I supposed to initially set it up on their user login?

Any word on this? Not having this feature is making it really hard to keep using K-9

unfortunately the lack of the multi user profile resulted in my uninstalling this promising software

• Pam ShorePam Shore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there any updates for this idea? I would REALLY like to see this happen soon!

This feature needs to be applied.
        It is the only way I will use this program. I personally feel at my age I don't need my Web surfing sensored but for my young kids it's a MUST!

• AlexandraAlexandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also be nice if the Internet access could be TOTALLY blocked for certain users, whilst other users can still access all web content.

I had to remove K9 after a few minutes when realising it is useless on shared computers. Such a shame

• savannaGsavannaG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This is very important! I do not have a computer specifically for my children and when I use K9 I have to keep changing the settings everytime I login/logout from my user!

• WilliamWilliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. nearly 3 years and no progress on this? no posts indicating intent to do something? Seriously? Like so many others who posted, I am going to remove K9 from our PC now. What a shame, it seemed like such a great program.

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to suggest a means by which K9 may be configured for different user profiles on the same computer.
        My laptop has 2 adults and one child using it; i'd like to make different levels of protection for the adults vs. the children

I was shocked, wenn I recognized, that I can not filter separately my family members (different windows users)...
        How can I use then the software???

• mojoliciousmojolicious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I downloaded K9 in January 2009. From an hour's testing on one of my daughter's user account I was confident that this was the perfect solution: far, far superior to OS X's feeble parental controls, and to the two similar third party products I'd tried.

Then I went back into my own user account and discovered that I was locked down too, and that there was no support for multiple users. Yep. A product designed for families that cannot work on a 'family computer'.

Straight in the trash.

Was just checking back to see if this had been addressed, but sadly the problem is still there.

Such a shame. If multiple user support was in place I'd happily pay $50 for a licence.

I have two users on my computer, one for personal and one for work. I wanted to use it for my personal filtering, but not for my work filtering. I found a business sites that I could not logon to (jwplayer.com) even when I put it in the settings as an allowed website. I had to uninstall it to be able to login to do business on that site.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base